Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cincinnati ATP Masters 2013: Tournament Coverage

Today I'd like to introduce BDL sports analyst Marc Pretorius who will help me cover the wide world of professional tennis. As all of you of course know, the most important men's tennis tournament in the world is coming up, The Western & Southern Open in Mason, Ohio.

The tournament begins this evening with the men's and women's fields competing over the next week. There will be more coverage later tonight of our expert predictions and insights, but first we have a few match previews for the Sunday night openers tonight. Hopefully Marc picks the matches right, or else you'll be seeing US Open coverage next week from Jay Lame.

Check out the matches this week on ESPN and ESPN 2. Check out the draw at the link below:
http://mobile.cincytennis.com/draws.html#draws_MS

W&S Open 
Sunday Night Picks
By Marc Pretorius 

Ryan Harrison (USA) vs 
Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR)
7 pm ET 
I absolutely love watching Dolgopolov slice the ball around. He's a difficult matchup for any player with his shot making ability (and I really hope his ugly ass wins), but Cincy is where the Americans thrive. The home crowd is gonna be all about Harrison so I'm giving the 21-year-old the edge in this one.

Julian Benneteau  (FRA) vs 
Marcos Baghdatis (Cyprus) 
4PM ET 
 I love Baghdatis, I know you love him.  There is no reason for me to pick him to win because he is the most inconsistent player on the Men's Tour, but this pick is solely driven by heart, not common sense. (**Editors note, do not expect too much common sense in any decision, take it from me**) He also seems to always get the Sunday night first round match in Cincy so he has been here before.  Chalk one up for the man from Cyprus. 

Alberts Picks: Dolgopolov, Benneteau

1 comment:

  1. You three bloggers are my heroes!

    When do you make predictions on the upcoming watermelon season?

    ReplyDelete